Friday, April 1, 2011

IMPORTANT: GOOGLE HATES ME

Well it is a sad day for Janney's January Appalachian adventures. Google has decided that it hates my guts because I accidentally created 2 Google accounts because my Oberlin e-mail is confusing, and technology is dumb. So I may have to kill this blog (saving the writing on my hard drive, of course) and starting a new one, hopefully outside of Google control. I like Gmail, but it wants my phone number so it can text me (I don't have cell service dummy) and I don't want to give it to Google. Is anything sacred any more? What will it want next, my height and weight? My social security number? The location of the window in my bedroom?

So maybe I'm a paranoid old lady, but I don't like this. Big brother is not allowed to watch me. But I still want to blog because it's fun. Google can know what kind of beer I like, where i go to school, where I live, and the name of my cat, but it cannot know my cell phone number!

A new blog will be up soon, although I'm afraid that this Google idiocy also means the end of the now-defunct Janney Lockman Living and Cats Do the Darndest Things.

Grrrrrr..........

No comments:

Post a Comment