Saturday, April 2, 2011

Facebook Stalking's Bad, Um-kay?

After what felt like a long hiatus from Facebook, I reactivated my account. While I don't use it much for people I go to school with, it is a good way to keep in touch with my friends who are far away (and if you're my friend, at some point or another you will be far from me. And I will stalk your facebook profile). I haven't really gone facebook crazy again. It's frankly, pretty boring compared to reading blogs, the news, online shopping, and catching up on tv shows. Facebook stalking tends to leave me feeling depressed and unsatisfied (unlike other methods of stalking jk jk lolz). It only took 4 or so years of having a Facebook profile to figure out why.

When I facebook stalk friends who are:
A) Studying abroad
B) Getting cool internships
C) Have boyfriends at school
D) Getting married
E) Have adorable children
F) Really really photogenic
G) Really good artists/photographers/musicians/writers/have other talents that are visible on their facebook profile

I am reminded of all of the things that I want, but don't have right now. Some of these things I will never have (see: being really really photogenic). I'm human, I get jealous. And I hate that I get jealous of other people. I don't tend to think of the things that I want that I already have, like:
A) A really really cute cat.
B) Awesome friends in lots of different places
C) A sweet apartment
D) A lot of really really good stories
E). And I'm not even counting the things like good health, a college education, a supportive family etc.

So shame on you, Facebook, for making me feel bad! But it's equally my fault, for letting my human emotions get me down. So I'm going to do my part. I'm back on Facebook. Friend-who-is-dating-that-really-attractive-dude, friend-who-is-having-escapades-in-Europe, friend-who-has-kick-ass-job, and friend-with-excellent-profile-pictures, I am sincerely happy for you, and excited for you to have these amazing things in your life. But I'm not gonna be stalking your profiles as much until I find the love of my life. Or I'd even settle for an internship.


No comments:

Post a Comment