Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A List of Things To Do

I want to practice being an old lady now so it's easier later. Master the quilting, the baking, the cat snuggling, the gardening while I'm young, so I can spend my latter years learning to embrace my age and not mourn the loss of my youth.

I want my desk to face a wall. How can you get any work done if you sit behind the desk, jammed in tight, facing the door and everyone who passes by it. This is one of the things I find most pointless about American office design. No wonder we're so stressed.

I want to take the medications I'm supposed to take correctly. I don't want to be calling the pharmacy in panic in the afternoon because I can't stay awake and I forgot to call in the morning. I don't want to have trek to Planned Parenthoods in unfamiliar cities because I left my Nuva ring in the refrigerator at my old house.

I want to live in India. And then I want to move home.

I want to write. And read and run and quilt and grow and sing and dance and move somewhere at least once for a boy or a girl or a friend or some less than logical reason. I want to host parties that instigate marriage proposals. I want to have a bulletproof resume and a bathtub. I want to write letters and e-mails and letters of recommendation. I want to have time to turn my experiences into stories that I can tell my kids. I want to embrace my sentimental foolishness and get a roll of quarters for the laundromat.

But for today, I'll settle for publishing a silly blogpost about things that have been on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment