Monday, May 9, 2011

A Quick Rant

It's pathetic that it took me 21 years to figure out how pointless shaving your legs is. I mean, some people like it, and that's great, but I am SO. OVER. IT. This isn't about being "natural" or going to a hippie school. This is about getting sick of having my shower look like that scene from The Shining (I have been doing this for over 7 years. All of a sudden, I've started accidentally cutting myself). This is about being tired of diligently shaving daily because stubble is much much worse than hairy legs. This is about being sick of conforming to a beauty standard created by men for women. In the past few months, I've shaved very infrequently, and I can still be sexy with hairy legs. After all, French women are notorious for not shaving, and they are the sexiest women of all! Of course, I may change my tune when I'm living in a more conservative environment, but for now I am done son. Okay, rant off.

3 comments:

  1. You should let it grow really long and shave it to where it looks like some sweet flames of hair or something are going up your leg. Or shave some yin-yangs and anarchy signs into it. Or maybe a rebel flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear good things about waxing. I don't know, I don't really care, I shave my legs when I feel like it and that ends up being quite infrequently.

    BUT on the topic of French women, or at least Parisien ones: they are surprisingly not very hairy. Like not at all. I don't know when this happened but I have yet to see a limb or armpit "au naturel" :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Rachel! This is disappointing! I'm just going to pretend I didn't read this comment.

    ReplyDelete