Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm Bad at Blogging, But Good at Enumeration

You know something I realized the other day (well actually this morning, when I realized that I hadn't updated my blog in 13 days)? I suck at blogging. I'm really bad at the whole consistently creating content deal. Of course, I write almost every single day. Even on the days when I haven't whittled away on the current things I'm working on, "Instant Relationships" - loosely based on the concept of instant fiction that my senior English teacher introduced to me, "Dreams" - which is mostly about Kevin Howard, not that I dream about Kevin Howard all the time or anything, or expect everyone of you to know who he is, and various and sundry pieces of songs, stories, and cheesy poetry, I at least crank out a thank you note, a letter, or a few e-mails.

I blame my failure to blog on 2 things: my lack of internet access at home, and my struggle with brevity.

So I'm sorry and I'll try to be better.

1. I did it, I went home when I was feeling homesick.
And it was pretty nice. Well worth the 5-6 hour drive for a big bed, a wood stove, full grown cats, the Marlinton Opera house, farmland, and the Pocahontas Times.

2. I came back to Whitesburg, which also felt pretty good. Because although it's frustrating to realize that I'll be doing this whole taking care of myself thing for the rest of my life, it's also good to have the reality check of a sink full of dishes, a poopy litter box, and dirty laundry. Responsibility is good, responsibility is good, responsibility is good. Or at least it builds character.

3. Work is interesting. Frustrating, sometimes boring, but interesting. I'm learning more than is good for my blood pressure about reproductive justice. This is the one issue that I actually get legitimately pissed off about, instead of just depressed. The amount of times I've had to leave the office after viewing a particularly infuriating film clip, or watch videos of kittens to relax myself after reading about the acts of some idiotic politician is almost comical. Because I don't usually get mad (unless it's at people I'm closely related to, which is a different story entirely, I think). And it's weird to feel anger.

4. I am excited to go back to college and have homework again! I am so so serious! I cannot wait to lock myself away in Mudd/my hopefully amazing housing situation, although probably not and study my little heiny off. I need to graduate ASAP so I can do the really cool things that are supposedly out there waiting for me to do.

But for now, soup beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment