Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Confessions, Part 1. (this is an Usher reference...)

I have a confession to make: I am homesick.

I want to go to Green Bank and walk through the fields and down by the creek. I want to take a book and a quilt with me into the barn and sit and read in the hay loft. I want to brush my scruffy horses. I want to sit on the porch.

I want to sleep in my big bed with my flannel sheets and sprawl out. I want to wake up and be warm. I want clean dishes and a microwave and to be able to take a shower and know I will have water.

I want to take Sadie to meet Bobs and Brickle and Marley and Sima. I want to go to the post office, walk at the NRAO, get coffee at the Dirtbean, and go to the used bookstore.

I want to see Annie and Staci and David and Andy and Seth and Katies F through T. I want to walk on the trail with Brenda, sit in the hot tub with Grant, and play music with Jake. I might even go to a high school football game.

These are totally first world problems. I'll be away from home and paying for my own heat and water and food for the rest of my life. I'll have to clean my own bathroom and wash my own dishes and sleep in skinny beds indefinitely. I can deal with it.

But I still miss Green Bank.

1 comment:

  1. The great thing is that you can go back to Green Bank. And another great thing is that you don't HAVE to stay there. (And another great thing is that when people ask you where you're from, you have a home town with a beautiful name.)

    ReplyDelete