Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Listen to WMMT from 8-10 am on Thursday!!!!

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Okay, maybe not so important that it warrants caps lock. But on Thursday, January 14th (that's this Thursday), I will be doing Pine Mountain Mornings on WMMT from 8-10 am EST. In Eastern KY, some parts of VA and WV, it is 88.7 FM, but for the rest of the world, it can be streamed live from http://appalshop.org/wmmt/ by clicking the Listen Live! button with the picture of the possum in the upper left hand corner. While it will probably not be the last time I am on the radio this January, it will be the first times that I have any warning about it and can tell all of my friends and neighbors. So if you are free from 8-10 am on Thursday, have internet access, or would be listening to the radio or some sort of music with a computer during that time slot, please please listen. I've already used up about 3 minutes of my 15 minutes of fame, and it was a complete waste (I sounded like a complete idiot on an old time music documentary), so I'm determined that the next 12 be much much better.

In other news, I am learning more and more about radio and music and sound. I'm starting to learn how to use Adobe Audition, a type of sound editing software. I'm going to be so legit by February.

I'm also falling head over heals in love with community radio. If I had a crush on it at the beginning of break, it has blossomed into a passionate affair.

I recently started a book called Coal River by Michael Shnayerson, which is about mountain top removal and the people who are fighting against it. It is a really interesting book, and it gets me fired up. I don't want to go into it now, but last night after reading it, I couldn't sleep because I was so pissed off at Massey Energy, one of the biggest, baddest coal companies (I don't really like to use the word evil, but it keeps popping into my head when I think about this company). But that is for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment