Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nothing to Report Here

I am becoming a total and complete nerd again. And it's feeling pretty good.

First of all, my classes thus far are excellent. But the best part is they have interesting homework. I spent about an hour yesterday in the library researching Modernism for my English class. I sat on the floor of Mudd (Oberlin's library) and read. And I didn't even think about falling asleep. It took me a lot longer to read my cognitive psychology chapter. But read it I did, and let me tell you, cognitive psychology is fascinating. It feels a little uncomfortable to think about the way the brain, something that everyone has inside their heads at all times, works. But once you get over that, it's pretty durn cool.

Aside from doing my homework diligently, I have started working out again, taking care of my apartment, and catching up with folks I haven't seen in a while. Most of these people seem pretty glad to see me, which always surprises me a little bit. This time, I'm glad to see them too. As long as I can stay on target school-wise, and avoid becoming a complete hermit, I feel like this semester will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment